Monday, October 11, 2010

The 10 Best Chrome Extensions for SEO



Google Chrome is simply a wonderful, clear and crisp browser that I am very fond of - and as a search engine optimizer I have found a host of Chrome Extensions to be virtually essential to my ability to be highly efficient and productive in my work. Below I list the 10 most vital - from my experience; much of it of the trial and error variety - extensions for the purposes of maximal output SEO performance as well as how I utilize these tools in my day to day work.

10. SEO SERP

Easy way to check where a certain site is ranking for a certain term.


SEOMoz finally got round to rolling out a Chrome version of their Mozbar and let's just say it was well worth the wait!


A resource without peer in terms of timely, near immediate, at-a-glance information specs on a given site.

7. Rescue Time Chrome Productivity Meter

A very good way to make sure that the majority of your online time is spent productively.


The gold standard in at-a-glance PR - no frills, no fuss, just the information I need when I need it.


If you are like most SEO's and do not have time to log in and out of your gmail all day then I suggest simply installing this application which allows you to monitor any movements coming into your inbox.


Another productivity aid.


Simply indispensable to anyone consuming large quantities of online data - faster access to automatically loaded "next" pages is but one of many benefits offered.


The only way to guarantee all of your extensions are bang up to date - large and in charge.


A tool I am getting a lot of good information out of is Woorank - and this extension would probably rank as my favourite at present; simply because it at any moment allows me to be within 60 seconds of a highly detailed forensic report on a client or competitor website.

If you enjoyed this post may I suggest you check out my detailed overview and educational resource on Search Engine Optimization, too.



11 comments:

  1. Will be following this post up with news on the ongoing browser wars and my take on which one is the best bet and why. Stay tuned. Matt. http://www.skillsonlinegroup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to add that whilst I like most of your mentions here I think having too many tools can do more harm than good. Fertilizer of the brain of you will - too much of a good thing! Can be very very bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this - will try out a few of these and let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the wonderful work - we enjoy having you work on our site and also reading your interesting industry news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Will be looking to incorporate many of these extensions when I switch over to Chrome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started my learning with the beginner guide to seo... I am very happy to get this updated and will read it again.
    thanks for bringing updated version.
    seo dallas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great publish, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this
    sector do not realize this. You must continue your writing.

    I am sure, you've a huge readers' base already!

    Feel free to surf to my site; test track

    ReplyDelete